The term ‘inflection point’ is used in both business and mathematics to describe either:
- a moment of dramatic change, especially in the development of a company, industry, or market
- a point on a curve, at which the curvature changes from convex to concave, or vice versa.
When I think about what I do in the world, this best describes what I try to do – find and activate the inflection point.
Thinking about the events we are creating in our home island of Guernsey and the adventures I curate around the world; even thinking about the blog posts I write and the thousands coffees I have had with people in recent years – they are all centered around one thing: creating inflexion points in people’s lives.
We all have them. Those moments and experiences that, for whatever reason, change the course of our lives. Some of these happen by accident and some are deliberate.
The most important thing to recognise is that no matter who you are and what you are doing, a change in the trajectory of your life is always possible.
Many of us are going through life orbiting the same planet when we could be journeying to the stars.
To purposefully leave our habitual orbit, all it takes is some form of inner shift that brings new motivation, thinking, solutions, relationships, resources and/or beliefs.
- Are you orbiting the same planet when you could be journeying to the stars?
- How have single moments – or experiences – shifted the direction of your life?
- How have you created deliberate moments and experiences to help you change course?
- What will you be doing now to change the course of your future?
To changing course.